Hi Brian,

You can have CF process any file ending you want you just have to register
it in IIS (if you are using IIS) so that IIS passes the files ending with
the type you specify off to the CF server.  On my server its
C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun.dll

Its in IIS under websites, properties, then I think its root folder,
configuration, then on the first tab.  I'm on a German machine here so can't
recall at the moment what it is in English.

If you scroll down on this list you will see that cfc, cfm, cfml, cfr, and
cfswf are all registered to the same jrun.dll, you could just add your
..rubbish, or . lfc extensions to the list and bobs your uncle

--
Gary Gilbert
http://www.garyrgilbert.com/blog