Yes, this is possible with BlueDragon.NET (I can send you an example if you
need it). No, I don't think this is possible with CF8, because CF8 does not
provide any integration with ASP.NET, and .NET controls require the ASP.NET
runtime context. CF8 integration with .NET is done via a separate Windows
process--you can see this in the Services control panel or task manager--and
this process does not provide any integration with ASP.NET. In contrast,
BlueDragon.NET is implemented entirely on top of (within?) the ASP.NET runtime.

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC