An application of mine has recently been acting up -- memory has been
shooting up at a fairly rapid pace this past week, and I'm at my wits end!
Can't seem to find any way to fix it.  Here's the symptoms:

After rebooting the CF service, memory starts out at about 60mb for the
jrun.exe process.  After that all hell breaks loose ;)  It continues to
consume about 4 megs a minute until it plateau's at about 590mb.  At that
point, the server starts delivering "500 null" errors, and my
application/exception.log files fill up with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
messages.

The site gets a couple hits a second, and  those hits are fairly heavy in
processing.  Most involve file-reading and then parsing that file for the
relevant data.

I have downloaded a trial version of FusionReactor and got that set up on
the system.  If I'm reading it right, it looks like every request coming in
is consuming large amounts of memory.  I can understand why they'd take up
lots of memory -- each one has to read a text file that is between 200k and
5 megs, and that seems to correlate with the memory jumps -- but why
wouldn't that memory be released after the request is complete?  It just
keeps piling up.

Is this to be expected from high volumes of file-reading/parsing requests?
What advice can you give for getting some of that memory free and available?

Server monitoring and tweaking is definitely not my forte -- any help and
knowledge will be much appreciated!

TIA!

Oh -- incase the box info helps.  It's a Windows Server 2003 dedicated
server, running CFMX7 Standard.

Jonathon