From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:47 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Dynamic ID's

I'd let the database create the number.  But anyway,  you can do it like
this:

<cfquery name="getnumbers" datasource="#variables.dsn#"> SELECT max(tableID)
as Lastnumber from tablename </cfquery> <cfset newID = getNumbers.Lastnumber
+ 1 />

I have functions where i do this, but generally you'd be best to let the
databaes do it for you.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from
AUD$15/month