Well - I'm sure you could do an "if" outside the query (you can modify
queries manually like any other data structure) but I assume you'd prefer
something in the query itself.

I'm not sure but can you do math in the query?  Something like "
SUM(querycol) + 0" - that should (if it's allowed trigger CFs automatic type
conversion to create a number for you).  For that matter having a zero in
any of the rows should also do it... perhaps adding a dummy row with a zero
value into the original query might be possible?

Something to try at least.

Jim Davis