> He has expressed interest in learning more and getting more involved in the
> actual programming for the company.
> Any suggestions on how best to go about training him? I've got books galore
> but I'm not sure how best to introduce him to frameworks, OOP and CF as a
> cohesive whole.

I've helped a few HTML/PHP people get up to speed with CF (in fact I'm
doing it now) and I've found that often people learn best by example,
but preferably real world code.

So to start with I give them something like a mostly-finished Fusebox
circuit for a CRUD app - say, maintaining one type of record - and get
them to produce the same for a different type of record. Or I'll write
the CFC for grabbing records, and give them an output page with just a
CFDUMP so they can see visually see how the data is structured and lay
it out (good for HTML peeps). CFDUMP always impresses people used to
PHP or ASP too :)

Once they've actually generated something that's actually useful - and
not a hello world page - they're usually encouraged to expand on what
they've done.

Of course, I'm talking about people that I'm actively working with.

Cheers,
K.

--
kay.smoljak.com