This is not exactly a CF question but really related I think, so, I hope it's
acceptable. Here I'm actually talking about two things.
a) a public-facing app needs to be 'simple' (better term maybe, perceived
simple), and it needs to be elegant, the way it presents itself, the app flow
etc. etc.
and yet it needs to be powerful, it has tons of useful functions but not
cluttered...

b) Now, the last part, imho, could be sort of "associated with" airplane
designers, these guys are super smart, they have to ensure each button or the
like has to be optimal, yes? could we learn something from them for web app
dev?  Sorry if the note is off.