At least with the conventions of the languages I'm familiar with, you
use a lower case first letter on your identifiers, unless the
identifier is a type (class or interface) name.  Other identifiers
(local variables, instance variables, functions, methods, etc.)
usually start with a lower-case letter.  So you'd have a User CFC,
with a getUsername method.

That's just convention, of course - the language doesn't care.  And
with CF's lack of case sensitivity in most cases (though not every
case), it rarely matters.  I'd definitely recommend consistent casing,
however.

cheers,
barneyb