Generally speaking, it's impossible to say. For one, search engines don't
really reveal their secrets. Also, all the search engines do it differently.

Now, with that said, I can only recommend that you go with your gut.

Mine says this is best:

lakers.gottickets.com or lakers.basketball.sports.gottickets.com (where
basketball.sports.gottickets.com would also resolve).

for folders:
/sports/basketball/lakers/ or /sports/basketball/lakers/tickets/

for file names, leave the file name off. make it look like directory
structures (makes it feel more permanent). The easiest way to fake this out
is a URL rewriting web server plugin. This way, you can map these URI
"directories" to a single (or handful, etc) cfm file in the background and
gives you the easiest customer discoverability, where they can feel like
they could type in /sports/baseball/ and still be successful.

Again, this is not more right (nor wrong, probably) than any one else's
suggestions.

--
nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/