From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 1:05 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How much memory should be allocated to the JVM?

> The number you specify must be available as a continuous memory block.
> If your system loads lots of programs before CF or loads programs into
> non-optimal places there may be less memory available.

I ran into an interesting case of this a while back, when a Windows Server
2003 patch prevented programs from allocating more than 512MB of contiguous
memory after startup. So, CF would start up successfully if it was
configured to start on system startup, but you couldn't stop and restart it
without restarting the OS!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/