Hi CS,

I do use LSformat. The problem is the cf_sql_timestamp totally ignores it,
same with cf_sql_date.

How could I preparse the values, please?  I'm not 100% sure what you mean by
this.

Jenny

-----Original Message-----
From: C S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 March 2008 12:32
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF_SQL_TIMESTAMP


>This problem only started occuring with DW CS3, btw.

I do not use DW. So I am not sure how or even if it would affect the parsing
of dates.  As I understand it, CF parses the cfqueryparam value into a date
object before the sql is sent to your database.  Since most CF date
functions use U.S. date formatting rules, an ambiguous value like
"12/04/2008" would be converted to December 12th, 2008

<cfset yourDate = "12/04/2008">
<cfquery name="insertRecord" datasource="#dsn#">
   INSERT INTO SomeTable (SomeColumn)
   VALUES
   (
      <cfqueryparam value="#yourDate#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp">
   )
</cfquery>

As you can see from the debug output, CF translates the value using
mm/dd/yyyy format before it is ever sent to the database.

   Query Parameter Value(s) -
   Parameter #1(cf_sql_timestamp) = 2008-12-04 00:00:00.0

As mentioned
- you could pre-parse the values into the correct date, or
- use a less ambiguous format, or
- if CF is running under a locale that uses dd/mm/yyyy format, you could
wrap the value in one of the LS date functions, so it is parsed correctly.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;160198600;22374440;w

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:301157
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to