Check out the instructions on this blog.

http://www.rakshith.net/blog/?p=41

Pay close attention to some of the comments.
You're going to have to make some additional modifications
to some of the files mentioned that are not in the first five
steps if you are using a wwwroot other than the default.

You can also set up fckeditor to use specific folders for
images for each individual site.

All these issues are addressed within the article and in the
comments.  Check this out, and if you have any remaining
issues, email the list again.

I went through the article and had some figure out some additional
steps to get my non-default wwwroot working with the editor.  The
steps I had to take are now addressed in comments.

Let me know if you need more help!

Rick