> IIS 5's iisreset.exe has suddenly decided to stop functioning 
> today. The message is "interface not supported".
> 
> Anyone seen this before?

I haven't seen this specific problem, and haven't really used iisreset, but
I've seen similar problems on IIS 4 when I couldn't use the IIS MMC plugin
to manage an IIS server. The problem turned out to be that the web server
was confused about its identity - this was in a classroom environment in
which the machines had been cloned. IIS didn't care for that too much - the
service still functioned, but didn't respond to commands from the MMC
interface, which returned an "interface not supported" error. The workaround
for this was to use an ADSI management interface instead, but the problem
was caused by SID mismatches, I think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm

Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to