Mike,

>sorry the yahoo mailing list seems to be down for qforms so thought someone
>on here may be able to help.

Due to the amount of noise (aka spam) I have to approve first time posters
first. The list isn't down, I just didn't get through to approving your
message until this morning.

>have simple form (2 x multiple select containers) that let you select
>'related products' for a particular product.
>
>the qforms default setup works great, but what i am trying to do is
>populate the 2nd select with any existing related selections. at the
>moment, these are not included in the submitted form information (unless i
>transfer them back to the first select - then transfer back)???
>
>a snippet of my code is as follows...
>
>First select
><select name="products_available" size="20" multiple style="width:90%;"
>onDblClick="objForm.products_available.transferTo('products_selected');">
>            <cfoutput query="getProducts" group="product_title">
>              <option
>value="#getProducts.product_id#">#getProducts.product_title#</option>
>            </cfoutput>
>          </select>
>
>Second select (where i want any existing selections to appear)
><select name="products_selected" size="20" multiple style="width:90%;"
>onDblClick="objForm.products_available.transferFrom('products_selected');">
>                 <cfoutput query="getRelated">
>              <option
>value="#getRelated.product_idfk#">#getRelated.product_title#</option>
>            </cfoutput>
>          </select>
>
>my qforms code is the default...
><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>       <!--//
>       // initialize the qForm object
>       objForm = new qForm("related_product_form");
>
>       // make the User field a container, this will ensure that the
>"reset()"
>       // method will restore the values in the select box, even if they've
>       // been removed from the select box
>       objForm.products_available.makeContainer();
>       // setting the "dummyContainer" property to false will ensure that
no
>values
>       // from this container are included with the value
>       objForm.products_available.dummyContainer = true;
>
>       // make the "Members" field a container--every item in the "Members"
>select box
>       // will be part of the container, even if the item isn't selected.
>       objForm.products_selected.makeContainer();
>       //-->
></SCRIPT>

You want to use the "bindTo" parameter on the makeContainer() methods to
bind the 2 related select boxes together:

http://www.pengoworks.com/qforms/docs/extension_fields.htm#makeContainer

objForm.products_available.makeContainer("products_selected");
objForm.products_selected.makeContainer("products_available");

I would then use:

objForm.products_selected.setValue("existing,values,here");

To re-populate the list with the saved values. It should take care of moving
the values from one list to the next.

-Dan