Add result="myResults"

I also hope you weren't fond of that password. 

..:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com
http://cf4em.com


-----Original Message-----
From: marc -- [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 12:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Retrieve the auto generated key from a MySQL resultset

>From the docs @ cfquery
---------
The cfquery tag also returns the following result variables in a structure.
You can access these variables with a prefix of the name you specified in
the result attribute."[...]
result_name.GENERATED_KEY
MySQL only. The ID of an inserted row. MySQL 3 does not support this
feature.
---------

So I try this in MySQL client version: 5.0.45:
<cfquery name="qInsertAuthors" datasource="cms" username="www"
password="gHe6i2Gyi">
        INSERT INTO authors(
                firstname,
                lastname,
                title,
                gender,
                pseudonym,
                notes)
        VALUES(
                '',
                '',
                '',
                '',
                '',
                '');
</cfquery>

<cfdump var="#qInsertAuthors#">

I get 
"Variable QINSERTAUTHORS is undefined."
Also after I add AlwaysReportTriggerResults=true to the connection string of
the dsn (mentioned in the comments section of the page).
As far as I can see this feature works not as advertised. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;192386516;25150098;k

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:304667
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to