From: KDJ The Net Surfer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:25 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Help! I get someone else's variables!

Dear guys, thanks in advance for your help!

My problem is that I've developed this huge application (a kind of
CRM) and it's been working fine for years, but lately it's doing
something odd: sometimes when somebody is going to do something
(like, for example, creating a new date in their calendar), the
application will take the wrong user id (which I suppose it's the
user id of someone else working on the website at the same time).

I have no idea why it's doing this, but I guess that CF is catching
certain kind of queries. Maybe it's because I'm making every script
to check the database every time it's executed and sometimes it
returns the last query (a catched one) instead of doing the query
with the provided data again?

The bad thing is that I *can't* reproduce the behaviour. it happens
seemingly randomly every other 3 weeks or month... but sometimes 2
days in a row.. this is very annoying and of course, insecure, so my
customers are beginning to complain, and of course they won't take
the 'it just happens once every Xk actions'. This should *never* happen.

I tried to make the queries non-cacheable, but I wonder if there's a
definitive way to make sure that coldfusion is *always* making a
query and *never* catching it and returning the last result?

Hope I explained myself well. Thank you!

Oscar.-
|_/\_\ |____/   /|     http://www.disneymania.ws
  ______________//  http://www.amazingdollars.com
/______________/ http://www.lionking.org/~nyanya