I have a Java process that when run directly takes about 15 minutes to
complete.  However, when I try to run it from CF, I want to make sure
that it completes and then have CF send me notifications accordingly.
It's been a bit tricky to figure this out.  The strange thing is that
when I run it the very first time, it seems to work...i.e. takes about
15 minutes and then  it emails me the start and end times and the
browser then loads a complete statement or shows the errors.  However,
the next time I run it (and all subsequent times), the browser says it
completes in just one second, sometimes less than that but if I run it
directly, it's still a 15 minute process.

I get exactly the same results from the following two examples:
=======
Example 1
=======
<cfset StartTime = "#now()#">
    <cfscript>
        try {
            readWMS = CreateObject("java", "com.domain.blah.java");
        }
        catch(Any exception) {
        JavaException = "#exception.Message#";
        }
        try {
            readWMS = readWMS.run();
        }
        catch(Any exception) {
        JavaException = "#exception.Message#";
        }
    </cfscript>
<cfset EndTime = "#now()#">
....then cfmail the start and end times and show a complete or show the
error...

=======
Example 2
=======

<cfset StartTime = "#now()#">
<cftry>
<cfobject type="java" action="create" class="com.domain.blah.java"
name="readWMS">
<cfset result = '#readWMS.getInfo()#'>
    <cfcatch type="any">
        <cfset errorMessage = "#cfcatch.Message#">
        <cfset errorDetail = "#cfcatch.detail#">
        <cfset errorTagContext = "#cfcatch.tagcontext#">
    </cfcatch>
</cftry>
<cfset EndTime = "#now()#">
....then cfmail the start and end times and show a complete or show the
error...

Has this happened to others?  Does anyone see any issues with the way
that I'm calling this process?  Any suggestions would be very much
appreciated.

-Vince