I recently wrote some form validation.  I the validation was done in CF but
was done through an AJAX call when JS was available.  I feel this is the
best of both worlds.  The end-user gets nice JS interaction when available
and the validation is written only ONE time on the server-side where it
can't be circumvented.

Edward A Savage Jr - "Sonny"
Senior Software Engineer
Creditdiscovery, LLC
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." ~
Sir Winston Churchill