I've played with it just a bit. It can drop out some fairly nice interfaces
and the XML is pretty well structured in the way that everything seems to
make sense and skill translation from HTML+CSS is not that difficult.

I decided not to use it, however, as the thing I was playing with is a wide
release customer-facing desktop app, and WPF requires the .NET framework
3.5, which is like 200MB, and not that widely available. I'm considering Air
vs WinForms (.net 2.0) right now.

When you say "disk based" - you mean like System.IO file & directory
interaction? If that's the case, I highly recommend .NET. It tends to be
remarkably fast in this category.

nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/