Hmm... this is an interesting problem.

But I am a bit confused:  what is your criteria for sorting international
names? For example, for the Janpanese names, are the actual names stored
(with Japanese characters), or just the alphabetized version of the them? If
the actual Japanese characters are used, then how do they rate in order
compared to the 26 English alphabets?

For example, my name, "Qing Xia" is the alphabetized version of my "real"
Chinese name.  Which, is easy enough to sort as that.  But I can't imagine
what criteria would be involved in order to sort the real Chinese characters
themselves.