This attack has nothing to do with elevation of privilege. It simply
tacks on a SQL procedure to a query existing on the page already. This
procedure then runs through the tables/columns in the database
appending text the end of content in varchar fields. The text appended
varies, but what I've seen is a javascript file call, that would run
when the affected content was displayed in a browser.

I can't see how that security patch would have anything to do with it.
(Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.)