On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Andrew Scott wrote:
> Well at the end of the day, I am currently using hibernate in ColdFusion
> thanks to Joe Reinhart I think is the one I am using. But I now plenty of
> people are looking into it at the moment.

Hibernate is easy to use with CF8 and Java.  Few lines of code.

Now, CF objects and hibernate is another matter.  :-)

The first thing I did was hook up HibernateTools (DB reverse
engineering into POJOs or HBMs), but I didn't feel that was right for
the majority of CF devs.

And Having to restart things to see changes and whatnot?  Neh.  Crazy
classloading-ness?  Neh.

Hooking into a java-based model?  Sure.  Taking advantage of all the
awesome java tools?  Priceless.

But it ain't CF, per-se.  Not that that matters, of course, I just
decided I wanted it to, for kicks.

> I have even looked at using GORM in Coldfusion, to help with DDD. But
> haven't had the time to investigate as of yet. But I am very happy to even
> just use POJO's for now.

Right on.  Looks like a GORM-ish deal wouldn't be hard to rock with
about any ORM.

When you talk about DDD, how are you representing the domain?  Are you
using a modeling language?

Thanks,
DeN

--
Nothing except the mint can make money without advertising.
Thomas B. Macaulay