From: Andrew Whone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:47 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: query of queries or something else

If a qry a couple of tables:

<!---get Job Property details --->
<CFQUERY Name="qryGetJobProperties" datasource="#appDSN#">
SELECT AssetID, Name
FROM FixedAssets
WHERE FixedAssets.JobID="#qryGetInvoice.JobID#"
</CFQUERY>
<cfset PropertyFieldID = ValueList(qryGetJobProperties.AssetID)>

<!---get invoice Property details --->
<CFQUERY Name="qryGetInvoiceProperties" datasource="#appDSN#">
SELECT AssetID, Text, Amount
FROM InvoicesWork
WHERE InvoiceID="#qryGetInvoice.InvoiceID#"
</CFQUERY>

I now need a query that will extract any Asset from the Table FixedAssets
that is included in qryGetJobProperties but not in qryGetInvoiceProperties
so that I can display it in a dynamic form.

Something like this;
<CFQUERY Name="qryGetOtherProperties" dbtype="query">
SELECT qryGetJobProperties.AssetID,
       qryGetJobProperties.Name,
       qryGetInvoiceProperties.AssetID
FROM qryGetJobProperties, qryGetInvoiceProperties
WHERE  qryGetInvoiceProperties.AssetID != qryGetJobProperties.AssetID
</CFQUERY>

I have also tried Nested Loops and Unions but am really struggling,
everything I try doesn't seem to make sense. I could mess about with an
array but is there really any need?