Is your cert self-signed or was it purchased from a place like Thawte?

When you view that URL in a Web browser do you get any errors
whatsoever about the SSL cert, such as an expired warning or a domain
mismatch warning?

If you want to confirm for yourself that cfhttp works with https, you
can always access a well-known https page like https://mail.google.com

You might want to start with a more simple example to get that
working, like a single cfhttp call followed by a cfdump of cfhttp.

-Mike Chabot