And before someone gets pedantic on me, I mean it is always going to be
impossible in its current form, which is allowing arbitrary server-supplied
JavaScript to modify the field value. Someone may well come up with some
kind of authentication or authorization system where one can set different
levels of access for trusted servers or something, but that's going in a
different direction.