I spent more time than I like to think on a similar problem, just had one page
but it was still very difficult to convince coldfusion to render the image at
the size I needed.

<cfdocument format="pdf" pageheight="11" pagewidth="8.5" marginbottom="0"
marginleft="0" marginright="0" margintop="0">

To force the image to the size I needed, I used an empty layer and trial and
error.

body {background:url(images/the-border.jpg) no-repeat fixed}
#Layer1 {
        position:absolute;
        left:317px;
        top:728px;
        width:642px;
        height:21px;
        z-index:11;
}

I added all my text using more layers and was careful to not make any layer
larger than my "sizing" layer.

Hopefully this will work on multiple pages for you...