I use a Dell D630 2Ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 2 GB of RAM for
work. It could use another gig of RAM to make it sweeter but it's not
bad at all.
I run multiple instances of Toad, IE, Firefox, Eclipse, CF
(development), at times add Dreamweaver to that list.. all with no
problems.
At home I have a Lenovo 1.8GHz intel core 2 duo with 4 GB of RAM, I
dual boot Windows Vista and Linux (Kubuntu 8.04). It's an awesome
machine.