> I am hosting a Birds of a Feather session at MAX on the future
> development and evolution of CFML.
>
> I am looking for suggestions on topics to cover and speakers you'd
> like to hear from.
>
> http://www.vertabase.
> com/blog/your-ideas-for-the-future-of-cfml-adobe-max-bof-session
>
> With OpenBD, Railo and the continued evolution of Adobe's CF, these
> are exciting and important times for the CFML community.
>
> Even if you won't be at MAX, I'll be posting about the session on my
> blog so please do contribute.

Here's something that pops out of my head upon reading your post.  Years ago
where's ColdFusion Express (free)... naturally functionally not in par with
commercial version... But I thought if one (independent developers / cf shops
etc.) uses such a free platform and negotiate a price for additional
tag/features (say, like today's CFPDF, CFIMAGE etc.) with CF company like
Adobe, then, it really creates win-win situation for all.  Adobe can sell
heavy-duty CF package to the big spenders as it does now while it does not
alietnate the 'little guys' (an integral part of the CF development community)
and provides considerable value to them.  This approach/model would seem to
generate more revenue for CF company/companies but no I haven't run some
detailed number crunch...

Thanks.

Chunshen Li (Don)