It's very difficult to say from what you've given us. Can you supply
more code and explanation?

A couple of things though; a cfc method that invokes a method on
another cfc that invokes a method from the original cfc sounds like a
design mistake - as does the use of the application scope inside this
method (datasource and the gateway component). It looks as though
you're striving for an OO design pattern so I'm guessing these things
would be important to you.

Dominic