Also there's a Shrink function that does what you need.   After you've
run the auto-archive function (moves anything older than x weeks - you
specify how old to move it) you run the shrink and it will close
everything up and you'll get what you need.

It's a while since i saw the Outlook2000 app, but in Outlook2003 it's
at File > Data file management > Settings > Compact now.  It is
probably something similar in Outlook2000.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month