FWIW, in my 13-year career in the US (most of it spent doing CFML and SQL
Server), I've seen rates of about $40/hr for junior developers up to $200/hr
for senior developers.  (Granted: $200/hr for senior developers was in the
middle of the dot-com-boom in Washington, DC, and it's gone down from there,
but senior CFML/SQL Server people can still live very comfortably.)