Hey all,

I recently stood up CF8 on Linux entirely from scratch and am seeing some
extremely slow start-up times.  It can take anywhere from 75 seconds to 115
seconds for all the services to fully boot up.  It seems to take an
extraordinary amount of time (40+ seconds) to complete 2 of the processes:
"Starting sql..." and "user MessageBrokerServlet: init".  From my brief tests,
it appears that CF is working fine though.  Here are the system specs:

ColdFusion 8.01 (64-bit, multi-server)
Red Hat Linux AS 5.0 (running in a VM)
Apache 2.2.9
JDK 1.5.0_16 (we tried JDK 1.6.0_11 too)

I've tried changing the JVM the one that ships with CF8 up to 1.6 and down to
1.5 seeing as there are some known issues with 1.6 in a 64-bit environment
(although not with the version we tried).  Additionally, I've removed all the
references to MessageBrokerServlet from web.xml thus preventing that service
from even attempting to start.  That works fine and reduces the start time
dramatically, but I don't think I should have to do that to get this thing to
work.  I've confirmed that all the software we're using is 64-bit as well.
I've also looked in all the logs and have yet to find any errors.

My questions:
1. What is the line "Starting sql..." actually trying to do/what's it used for?
I figure if I know that it'll allow me to debug better.
2. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this or figure out the hang up?
3. Could this be port related and how would I determine if it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark Richards