Seb,

It is most likely that CF will open the file you are delivering, however, it
will probably be more in a streaming fashion, aka, it will probably not all
be loaded into active memory.

I just did it with a 200MB file, the memory went up about 6MB and now has
dropped down 12MB. I would say it's safe.

It literally streams it from disk to network and to local disk without any
one application loading 200MB of data. I used CF7 and Firefox 3.

nathan strutz
[Blog and Family @ http://www.dopefly.com/]
[AZCFUG Manager @ http://www.azcfug.org/]