My advice is to stick with the way you've been doing it.    When you
learn how to manipulate FCKEditor yourself (as you have done already)
you have much more control over the way it's presented to the user -
things like skins,  customised toolbars etc and it's easier to keep up
to date with current versions.

If you use the native version, you're always going to have to wait for
Adobe to put out an updater to ColdFusion to update your editor, and
you wont have anything like the control and options available to you
when you call it into your form.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month