The Servlet spec says one asterisk per mapping, and it must be at one
end or another (not the middle).  So Resin (which I've not used) is
extending the spec if it supports multiple asterisks.  A cleaner
solution, if you want to stay pure-JEE, is to use a rewriting filter
like UrlRewrite.  Then you can support arbitrary URL formats without a
dependence on one specific web container.

cheers,
barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert