Pete, including is one way, but it's messy. Check into the application proxy
pattern. It works like this

/Application.cfc -> extends com.ApplicationProxy, otherwise empty
/com/ApplicationProxy.cfc -> contains your real application's methods
/virtual/Application.cfc -> extends com.ApplicationProxy, usually otherwise
empty

The (file & folder) names are made up, but the problems are real. It works
pretty well, and is made for just this type of situation.

nathan strutz
[Blog and Family @ http://www.dopefly.com/]
[AZCFUG Manager @ http://www.azcfug.org/]