Disclaimer - I haven't had to do any fancy string manipulation in a while...

I had thought that ANY string can be treated like a list (for example, such
that "abcdef" can be treated as a list containing six elements and a delimiter
of "").  Not so, I recently discovered when I tried to use
listChangeDelims("abcdef", ",", "").  I wanted to input "abcdef" and get
"a,b,c,d,e,f" returned, but CF doesn't recognize an empty value as a valid
delimiter for any of its list functions...and it doesn't accept an empty value
as the second argument in replace(), either.

So I wrote a function that'll do what I want, taking a string and the desired
delimiter as arguments, then looping through each character in the string and
inserting the delimiter after it (except for the last character in the string).
 But as one might imagine, it's SLOW for very long strings.  String and list
manipulation is kid stuff, or so I'd thought...surely there's a faster, simpler
means?