Still, what if you really wanted it to be the 30th? Do we really want the
engine to make this kind of assumption?

I guess the best solution would be like you said: add another incrementer.
That way we would have the option: increment by month and keep the position
relative to end of month, or increment by month and keep day.

Francois Levesque
http://blog.critical-web.com/