At work we have our front end developers create flat html pages and we
then ensure our CF code outputs that same markup. It was around the
time of starting this experience that I discovered Firebug and I can't
believe I ever lived without it. This approach perhaps involves a
little extra work but does keep things clean (and keeps non-coders out
of the code).

Dominic