I'm trying to work on an image with CF8. Doing a simple ImageRead() on one
particular image causes the server to restart.

This is happening on two servers which I'm told have more than enough
memory.

The image is 372KB, so nothing to worry about there.

When I open it up in GIMP, I get asked whether I want to keep or convert an
"Embedded colour profile: eciRGB v2 ICCv4".

Short of finding another reason, I'm going to be blaming this! It's a user
supplied image.

Has anyone else witnessed this? At most I'd expect an error, not a dead
server.

I would upload the image for others to test but it's for an award show and
I'm not sure I'd be allowed, if I hear differently I'll wack it up
somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts (or well wishes for the server this is
killing).