> I'm using the following code to read an excel file.  But it only runs
> once  and I have to restart coldfusion before it will be successful again,
> rs.close();

I do not use dynamic odbc excel connections much.  But one thing that jumps out
at me is you are closing the resultset, but not the connection object.  Always
close both, and use error handling to make sure the objects are properly closed
in the event of an error.

But you might also consider using a fixed datasource instead. IIRC, you can
read excel files dynamically using a single MS Access or Excel/odbc datasource.