mike pop wrote:
> In the control panel, I changed the current format to Japan, current location
> to Japan, and system locale to Japan.  After rebooting my laptop, there were
> a slew of problems.  I could not use the application because setlocale threw
> errors about wrong locale, etc...

change it back.

setLocale() shouldn't be throwing errors because you changed the server OS
locale. try describing the exact problem again.

> something OS specific or ColdFusion specific.  I don't know where or why this
> problem is occuring!

describing the problem in detail w/examples, etc. might be a good start.

> I didn't want to make any changes on the server until I heard from a few of
> you with experience in this matter.

don't make any changes on the server. change your code.

btw you don't really need to use a localized cf8 for this sort of thing. cf8
running on top of an en_US locale server will support every locale java does.