Background: I have a local CFMX7 development server running on Ubuntu 8.0.4 and
Apache 2.2. For most of my sites I have a domain name that is specific to that
server, and sites that run off of subdirectories (ex:
http://www.devbox.com/CFAPPS/sitename/) without a problem.

Today I was having to set up a site to use a vanity domain name
(http://www.mydomain.com) which points to a subdirectory of /www/CFAPPS/ on my
server (like the other sites that work do), and I added a virtual host to
Apache. It seems to have set up fine there, but I get a weird error when I try
to access the site:

 Cannot lock SESSION scope.
CFLock cannot be used to lock the application or session shared scopes without
these scopes being established through the use of the CFApplication tag. If you
want to use the session scope you need to enable session management.
Application and/or Session variables must also be enabled in the ColdFusion
Administrator.

The error occurred in /var/www/CFAPPS/[site name removed for
privacy]/Application.cfc: line 278

276 :           <cfelse>
277 :                   <!--- delete the session variable for old errors --->
278 :                   <cflock timeout="10" throwontimeout="No"
type="EXCLUSIVE" scope="SESSION">
279 :                           <cfset structdelete(session,"error") />
280 :                   </cflock>

The Application.cfc file has things set up properly:

<cfset this.name = "[site name removed for privacy]" />
<cfset this.applicationTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,1,0,0) />
<cfset this.clientManagement = false />
<cfset this.sessionManagement = true />
<cfset this.sessionTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,30,0) />
<cfset this.setClientCookies = false />
<cfset this.setDomainCookies = false />
<cfset this.scriptProtect = "all" />

And I checked the CFAdmin settings and it's fine, J2EE session variables,
Enable Application variables, and Enable session variables are all checked. I
also know this because the other sites that don't use a vanity domain name are
working fine.

I have no idea at this point why this might be erroring. Anyone have ideas?