Here's a situation I hope you could provide some thoughtful input.  I've
converted a cf8-based app into an open source one.  Initially it seemed all's
well but lately, right when I'm ready to deploy it (not to be hosted like many
do), some core functionality like automatically data saving, normal data saving
are no longer reliable, let me explain.  I have a form for data entry with
multiple fields.  Function 1: auto save the data elements at an interval,
thanks again Sam.  This feature does not seem to be consistently reliably on
the new platform but this function is less critical.  Function 2: manually save
the form, this one now is a MAJOR PROBLEM! the form data is saved/updated all
right, BUT it deleted 2 or 3 most recent rows of the data table (all with data
of required columns)!  The query does not delete anything.  Would other scripts
delete them?  No, here's why.  Here's the basic structure of this table:
id -- title -- content
27 -- 'agri' -- 'one phase of humanity'
28 -- 'indu' -- 'mass production'
-- newest entry
29 -- 'new here' -- 'bla bla'
-- where id is of identity (1,1) not null
Upon clicking on save, rows of id(27 and 28) would be mysteriously gone.  I've
checked the table does not have any triggers whatsoever, and the machine is
totally offline.

On some other instances, the newest value and id would replace the second
newest one,
like upon SAVE, the above would read
27 -- 'agri' -- 'one phase of humanity'
-- newest entry
28 -- 'new here' -- 'bla bla'

Also, please note there's only ONE user.

If it's coding problem, somewhere there's some code like
DELETE from theTABLE where Len(title) > 0
or something like that
but there's absolutely not code across board like that,
absolutely not.  So, how did they disappear?

FYI, I've also provided the open source company a copy of compiled code set (to
them it's no different from source code) upon their request in hope of
obtaining an flexible installer of their engine, which didn't happen.  Also, I
don't mind paying 400 or 500 bucks for service of making my app deployable but
unlike the online web apps I don't need a full year service... but please do
not read too much into this...
I'm just laying out facts.

Also, I've been using the app for over a year without any of the above
mentioned problem.  Now, it's extremely unlikely for cf coding issue regarding
to this problem, so, who has the motivation and capability to cause this
problem?
I'm at wits end if any...