>>>My guess is that they're staging data calls and still routing through
their
>>>API objects to handle authentication / validation and all the other
>>>business logic they have in place in their API model.
That does seem to be what they are doing, you enter a SQL command, it
translates it and spits out a WebService call then returns a clean query.
Great idea anyhow..
The ODBC connector wouldn't likely make the connection any faster but it
sure could help speed up development time drastically...

--
Alan Rother
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer