Alan Rother wrote:
  If you want to set an auto refresh on your application variables, to force
  them to refresh, then I would create a scheduled tasks that passes in a url
  var which could trigger the onApplicationStart from the onRequestStart
I find it can be extremely helpful to do that with both application
and server variables.  Sort of a back door that keeps you from having
to kludge the job by renaming the cfapplication statement, or
restarting the CF service in the case of server vars.

Me, I don't have to reboot servers any more often than I have to
install Windows security patches, which is to say monthly.  On rare
occasion something gets gummed up and requires a restart of a service
or the whole box, but by and large you shouldn't be seeing any need to
restart your app.

-...@robertson-
Janitor, The Robertson Team
http://mysecretbase.com