It is going to list them all based on your code:

1. Your query is returning ALL records
2. your displaying all OPTIONs in the SELECT dropdown but ONLY selecting the
ones that was populated in the FORM.COMPANY_NUMBER field.

If you only want the SELECT dropdown to return the one in
FORM.COMPANY_NUMBER

then this would work:

<cfloop query="qgetcompany">
<cfif isDefined('FORM.COMPANY_Number') AND (FORM.COMPANY_Number EQ
COMPANY_Number)>
<option value="#COMPANY_Number#" selected>[#COMPANY_Number#]</option>
</cfif>
</cfloop>
*** Now this is true if FORM.COMPANY_NUMBER is a SINGLE VALUE not a list.

If you FORM.COMPANY_NUMBER is a LIST, then it would be similar to:

<cfif listfind(FORM.COMPANY_NUMBER, COMPANY_NUMBER)>
<option>....
</cfif>