Billy Cox wrote:
> I seem to recall that you have to enable 'Integrated Windows
> authentication' for the applicable website in IIS.

You don't *have* to enable Integrate Windows Authentication.  You just
need to know the user you care to query the Active Directory for.
Integrated Windows Authentication is one way to get the user who logged
into the Microsoft client computer that connected to a Microsoft domain
and is running the Microsoft browser to connect to a Microsoft web server.

But it is not the *only* way to get a user to query the active directory
about.  Forms work pretty well too.