> I have a client that required the flash file to be stored in an Oracle
> database.  And now I am required to load Flash using an xml
> file that should be pulling its data from the database.  I cannot store files
> on the server - so I'm trying to figure out if what I'm
> attempting is even possible.
>
> So far I've been able to create the xml.  But note that the url is actually a
> physical file on the system.  I can't do this.  I have to
> retrieve the binary flash data from Oracle and do this same sort of thing.
> Help anyone?  Ideas?

You could certainly store the Flash file itself in a BLOB field, then
pull it out with CF, write it temporarily to the filesystem, then
serve it up. If you can't even write it temporarily to the filesystem
for some reason, you could conceivably use CFIMAGE with the
WRITETOBROWSER attribute, then wrap that in a CFSAVECONTENT tag and
rewrite the contents to use the generated URL with OBJECT/EMBED tags
instead of IMG.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more infor