try this:
1) create a js function in your main page (the one that opens a cfwindow):
<script type="text/javascript>
createSortables = function() {
  // users available and assigned lists:
 $("ul#sListAvailable, ul#sListAssigned").sortabl
e({
    connectWith: "ul.userList",
    placeHolder: "ul.userList",
    update: function() {
    }
  });
}
</script>

2) remove your current $(document).ready(...) block (completely if it is
in the page loaded in cfwindow, or just the part of it that creates the
sortable lists if it is in the main page and also has other functions
used by your main page)

3) in the page that loads inside cfwindow add this line as last line
before the closing </body> tag:
<cfset ajaxonload('createSortables')>

Azadi Saryev